The last day to register to vote in the midterm elections scheduled for Nov. 8, 2022 is Oct. 11.
Absentee by mail voting begins Oct. 11 and runs through Nov. 4.
Early in person and extended early voting will be held at the Eddy County Clerk’s Office in Carlsbad and its sub office in Artesia.
Voters can cast a ballot there between Oct. 11 and Oct. 21, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Beginning Oct. 22 through Nov. 5, the hours change to 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and voting will then be available from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays.
On election day, Nov. 8, the voting locations open at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m.
Voting on Nov. 8 may be done at any of the following locations that day by registered voters.
- Faith Baptist church, 401 S. 20th St.
- Clerk’s Sub Office, 602 S. 1st St.
- Central Valley Electric, 1403 N. 13th St.
- Trinity Temple Church, 16 St. and Hermosa
- St. Peter Lutheran Church, 1302 W. Pierce
- Lakeview Christian Home, 1300 N. Canal St.
- VFW, 1926 San Jose Blvd.
- Hillcrest Baptist Church, 605 N. 6 St.
- JMA, 500 W. Church St.
- Clerk’s Office, 325 N. Main St.
Larger Eddy County
- Eddy County Fire Service, 1400 Commerce St. in south Carlsbad
- Otis Community Center, 2513 Bannister Rd. in Otis
- Loving School Administration, 603 W. Cottonwood in Loving
Not sure if you are registered to vote?
Visit the New Mexico Secretary of State’s website at sos.state.nm.us to check your voter registration status.
Online registration is available at that website. Anyone wishing to register should have their first and last names, the county in which they live and their date of birth available.
Same day registration is also available in New Mexico and can be done at any voting location.